About Me

My photo
While we wreck our brains on what to write about ourselves for the about page on the website here at Memory Lane Studios, the Blog, Facebook Fan Page & Twitter links will have to do all the work for us with regard to all the news, reviews and happenings at the studio.... don't forget to Like & Follow while you're busy!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Lunch at al Fiume.

It's been 2 weeks since I posted a new Food & Beverage photo and my conscience started reminding me of the "every Wednesday or Thursday" promise I made, well I can use the it was the 2 weeks before Christmas and it was very busy excuse, but I wont.... ok ok so I will as I was actually really busy!

So on Christmas day my family and I went to lunch with the in-laws at a very nice restaurant called al Fiume located on the River Place estate just outside of Johannesburg. The restaurant is situated right next to the Hennops river with a large wooden deck and tables and umbrellas placed along the banks on plush green lawns creating a very calm and relaxing atmosphere.
The food was great and the presentation of the dishes was really good, although not all the dishes came to the table as per the menu and some of the staff seemed to forget things ordered, the day turned out great with some quality time spent with family on a beautiful and very hot Christmas day.

Below the three dishes that I had with a short description of each including the drink or drinks!

Insalata Di Frutti Di Marre:
Salad of Prawns, Calamari, Mussels and Scallops in a lime coriander dressing enjoyed with an ice cold Savanna Light with a fresh slice of lemon.


Filetti di Tillapia ai Pinoli:
Pan-seared filets of fresh Perch with basil and pine nuts, enjoyed with a good vintage Gold Tequila , salt and slice of fresh lemon followed by an ice cold Coca Cola also with a slice of fresh lemon.

Tortaal Cioccolato:
Chocolate cake with fresh strawberries, also enjoyed with an ice cold Savanna Light with a slice of fresh lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment