About Me

My photo
While we wreck our brains on what to write about ourselves for the about page on the website here at Memory Lane Studios, the Blog, Facebook Fan Page & Twitter links will have to do all the work for us with regard to all the news, reviews and happenings at the studio.... don't forget to Like & Follow while you're busy!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Good Food & Beverage Project I ~ Lamb Flank Pies

So yesterday I started my new Good Food & Beverage Project and to make things a little more interesting I set myself a little challenge inside of a challenge, I need to prepare and make all the food myself from scratch where possible, a daunting but but exciting prospect as I love cooking.... cleaning the dishes is a whole different story though!

To 'spice' things up even more I will be shooting some Stop Motion footage of the complete process, from preparing the ingredients all the way through to shooting and ultimately eating it at the end, just for the skeptics out there that think I just drove down to the nearest supermarket and bought ready made food.... yeah shame on you!

For the first dish I made Lamb Flank Pies served with Fresh Salad and Fat Bastard Chardonnay, enjoy!



The Time Lapse footage as promised!



Good Food & Beverage Project 1 ~ Lamb Flank Pies from Albie Bredenhann on Vimeo.
This is the Time Lapse clip I made of the first project dish, a whole 23 seconds for 4 and half hours worth of work!

What I did learn with regard to making the next Time Lapse clip is to shorten the time between exposures to 15 seconds instead of 30 to 'smooth' out the motions and give a little more detail to the whole process, but thats how you learn!

Tune in next week for installment number 2 in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment